Well yesterday was a sad day for me....I sold my prelude. That car had a lot of sentimental value and I hoped that Kacey could drive it when she turns 16, but Mark reassured me that it would be an old fart car by then and she would laugh at the thought of having it. That was the first car I was able to get a loan by myself , pay it off myself, met Mark because of this car and had the most fun driving. I didn't think it would phase me so much but right after I signed away the title I bawled my eyes out. So sad....although I haven't really driven it since Kacey was born, a little to small for a baby seat. Anyway, Mark reminded my of the great thing we have to distract us from sad moments (each other and of course precious Kacey) and I was over it in about 5 min. The bonus is that we did get 4,900.00 for it....that was good.
So on to the light of my life..........the one that brings me up when I'm down......who makes messes I love to clean up....and throws fits that I enjoy........KACEY. So we tried Mac and Cheese.....she loved it but it seemed her clothes enjoyed the majority of it. She loves to feed herself and it keeps her busy for quite a while. I am trying to think of other things she can feed herself but I am afraid of her choking...she hasn't gotten the whole one at a time thing down.
I was enjoying her smiling when she saw the light for the flash.....but that didn't last long. Mark tried to get a picture of us and she was definitely up to something.... with her tongue out and all! Now she just wants to grab at the camera and the string hanging from it. Angela really has got me wanting a new camera.....she has one that picks up colors so you can have the photo black and white except for the color you choose....really cool pictures. So maybe Kacey will get a hold of my current camera!!!!!
6 comments:
Your new fall photo up top is gorgeous! I love fall foliage.
I like the picture with Kacey sticking her tongue out. That's a classic I'm up to something look! Cute!!
I feel so bad you had to give up your car - it must have been really sentimental if it made you cry! Does this mean you're getting a new car soon? A mom-mobile perhaps? Getting something new is always fun.
Kacey is too dang cute! Ben still looks like that when he eats Mac and Cheese...it's inevitable, but they love it so much.
Sad you had to get rid of that. But doesn't that mean a new car? Cant believe how much you got for it!!! Lucky, I only got 1500 for mine. You look so great! When are we going to get together?
How many firsts were attached to that car---and it brought you and Mark together....how great! I can imagine your sadness at it going. Practicality wins out over sentiment,,I guess!
Your comments about your life and about Kacey are so very expressive and interesting to read.
I love the blog and enjoy seeing each new thing.
Brenda (Mom, or MawMaw Brenda)
Hey guys....no...no new car for me. We are enjoying no car payment for now and don't plan on changing that until we have another kid. Unless we find an incredible deal on a Toyota Land Cruiser before then because thats what we want. We both have a car right now and a back up car. This old honda I drive now is not big enough for 2 kids so I will deal till then. It is worth no car payment!
Rhonda,sorry about your car. I know you've been trying to sell it though and the money must be great to see in savings. And like you said if you can hold off long enough you can get that Landcruiser! I'll call you soon!
Post a Comment