I personally wouldn't recommend it! It was so freakin packed and sooooo hot! It was 95 which could be a lot worse in Texas....but for a pregnant lady add another 10 degrees. I just can't believe how many pregnant ladies were there....I am talking 7 or 8 months. They must have been even more miserable than me. Oh and on top of that I thought I was leaving the house with allergies....but turns out I was sick....so I was sneezing and blowing my nose the entire time. There was no parking so we had to cross a busy major hwy with 7 kids....I went with DD. Anyway the kids had fun....that's all that mattered. It was a good deal for just a $1 and they even had $1 hot dogs that were surprisingly big and juicy looking. I couldn't try one because I was just to dang hot to eat...but they all said how great they were...in fact Baranie finished everyone's off.

The monkey's were fun to watch....but the ape cage happened to be the highlight of the day. All the kids were looking in at the ape's up close through the glass enjoying the view....when all of the sudden their mother (DD) run's toward them screaming. I think she even scared the ape's because they quit what they were doing. They were mating!!!! But they were cut short with the scene that she made. It was pretty funny....because the kids didn't know what the heck was going on.


We all enjoyed a rainbow pop! Kacey did so good at holding it!


And this is how our trip ended!
4 comments:
How funny, our wards playgroup went yesterday too!! It looks like everyone had fun. That's too funny about the apes. Sarah and I went a couple of weeks ago and I snapped a good picture of turtles getting it on!!
what a nightmare. we went once during spring break and it was crazy busy too. but with our zoo pass we got to cut in front of a HUGE line of cars to park first. looks like a fun time though
We sooo need to take the kids to the zoo. I heard that dollar day is pretty crazy. Glad you had fun. Happy belated birthday!!
I talked to some ladies that went that same day and she also said it got pretty crazy closer to when they were leaving. Anyways, that is great what DD did to the monkeys. Kind of a disturbing site if you ask me (seeing the monkeys mate)! You were brave to even attempt the heat, too!
Post a Comment