Monday, August 18, 2008

TWO!!!!!

I can't believe my baby is 2! She is so much fun and impresses me everyday with things she says and does. We did a little family party, plus a few friends that live close, at Celebration. The weather turned out perfect...it was even kinda cold by the time we left. She got so many toys and loves them all! We did Mickey Mouse of course!! The biggest disappointment for me was that I bought a huge Mickey Mouse head balloon that blew away before she even saw it....$7 down the drain and she had fun without it. I am sure I will always go overboard on birthdays....it's a mom thing....right??!!!


After making this cake I totally understand why people order cakes. That was the most stressful part. Usually I go to DD's house and use her materials and such but this time I did it all by myself and after the time put in and the materials it would have been worth it to have hired someone. Cake stuff is expensive!

Had to put this James pic in....he is just so cute and was chowing down on the cake!

A lot of people....mostly family!

It was windy and we couldn't get the candle to light...not that she would have known what to do with it anyway!!

So excited about babies!

By far the favorite....the kids pushed her around in this the rest of the party....Oma got it for her and it lights up and Mickey talks and sings. She is on it everyday...in fact the party was on Friday and on Sunday Mark had to replace the batteries already!

3 comments:

-Laura- said...

Looks like a great birthday bash! Your cake turned out adorable! (I know they take a lot of work though.) Happy Birthday Kacey!

Crystal said...

Looks like alot of fun! That cake is fantastic!

Brianne said...

Happy birthday Kacey! You did an awesome job on the cake... I'm sure she LOVED it!